Thursday, December 5, 2013

Heartbreak Caramel Popcorn

Without fail, every time I make this caramel popcorn I get a bunch of compliments!  And the best part?  It's the easiest thing in the world!!  In high school I would give a batch of this to anyone who experienced a breakup in my friend group.  Cause let's face it, after someone breaks up with you you need sugary goodness for at least one night.  The guys I've given this to have raved about it for days on end, and years later I still hear about how great it was!  Even people who don't like caramel corn enjoy it!  So, if you're catching my drift, this is a winner in anyone's book.  It makes a lot, so it's great for parties, and you can whip it up in 10-20 minutes.  I've used it as a party treat, a way to answer someone to a dance and comfort food.  Even my 10-year-old sister can make it, so give it a shot!  You won't be sorry :)

Heartbreak Caramel Popcorn



2 Cubes (1 Cup) Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Bags Microwave Popcorn (I like to use Pop-Secret Movie Theater popcorn.  Or I suggest any movie theater or extra butter popcorns)

Pop the popcorn and remove un-popped kernels.  (A simple way of doing it is putting the freshly popped popcorn in one bowl, then transferring the popcorn into another bowl with your fingers.)

Mix butter, sugar, syrup and salt in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.  Be sure your pot is a nice size, because this step will cause the caramel to double and get nice and fluffy.  (First time making it I made the mistake of using a small pan.  Never doing that again)

Pour over the popcorn and mix to coat.

Enjoy!


Idea for asking/answering to a high school dance
"Thanks for popping the question!!  It's a little corny, but I think we'll have a ball!"

No comments:

Post a Comment